All oil operators authorized to receive tax-free oil products for inland consumption or airplane transportation are subject to the strategic reserve obligation.
SAGESS works closely with the French administration, invited to each Board meeting:
- Industry Ministry, represented by the Directorate General for Energy and Climate - DGEC,
- Budget Ministery, represented by the Directorate General of Customs and Excise - DGDDI,
- Ministery of Economy and Finance, represented by the Directorate General for Competition, Consumption and Repression of Fraud - DGCCRF.
Every member of the International Energy Agency (IEA) organizes, under its auspices, modalities for its managing reserves. Some countries have established dedicated agencies. Other countries, like the United States, prefer to manage and fund these reserves directly by the State. Finally, in some countries, the strategic reserve obligation is held entirely by private operators.
However, in order to be able to overcome any supply crisis, the EU revised the oil reserve system. This recent revision is based on a strengthened system that will bring together and optimize the existing IEA rules and obligations of State Members.
1. Countries with state reserves
- Bulgaria, State Agency State Reserve and War-time Stocks (SASRWTS), www.statereserve.bg
- United States, U.S. Department of Energy (Office of Fossil Energy), www.fossil.energy.gov
- Israel, Ministry of National Infrastructures (MNI), ww.mni.il
- Malta, Malta Ressources Authority (MRA), www.mra.org.mt
- Czech Republic, Administration of State Material Reserves of Czech Republic (ASMR), www.sshr.cz
- Slovakia, Administration of State Material Reserves of Slovak Republic (ASMR), www.reserves.gov.sk
2. Countries with agency reserves
- Germany, EBV, www.ebv-oil.org
- Cyprus, Cosmos
- Croatia, Croatian Compulsory Oil Stocks Agency (HANDA), www.handa.hr
- Estonia, Estonian Oil Stockpiling Agency (OSPA), www.ospa.ee
- Hungary, Hungarian Hydrocarbon Stockpiling Association (HUSA), www.husa.hu
- Slovenia, Agency of The Republic of Slovenia for commodity reserves (ZRSBR), www.zrsbr.si
3. Countries with private reserves
- Italy, Agenzia Nationale Delle Scorte Di Reserva, www.agenziadellescorte.it
- Switzerland, Carbura, www.carbura.ch
4. Countries with agency and private reserves
- Austria, Erdoel-Lagergesellschaft m.b.H (ELG), www.elg.at
- Belgium, APETRA, www.apetra.be
- Denmark, Danish Reserve Stock Association (FDO), www.oliebranchen.dk
- Finland, National Emergency Supply Agency (NESA), www.nesa.fi
- Netherlands, COVA, www.cova.nl
- Portugal, Portuguese State's Petroleum Stockpiling Agency (EGREP), www.egrep.pt
- Spain, CORES, http://www.cores.es
5. Countries with private and state reserves